how to build a custom wedding music program
An Ivy Hill representative will work with you to create an ideal musical program that takes into account your personal and musical preferences, budget, and venue considerations. Here's how:
1. Select the size of your reception band.
- 5-piece Build-A-Band Packages start at $6000
- 7-piece Build-A-Band Packages start at $8000
- 9-piece Build-A-Band Packages start at $10000
- Factors that impact price include venue location, # of guests, and size of groups for the other parts of your program
*NOTE* If you are only booking a reception band through us and not for the other parts of the wedding, prices tend to be 10-20% less than the entire package
2. Choose your band leader(s)
Each band leader has their own song list and styles. Make sure to visit their profiles to find the artist that is right for you!
- 5-piece bands normally have one band leader
- 7-piece to 9-piece bands normally have two or more band leaders
- We recommend choosing one male and one female singer for larger bands.
3. We will build the rest of your reception band based on the preferred size of your group:
- Vocals (male)
- Vocals (female)
- up to 3 Horns and/or Violin
- Vocals (male or female)
- Vocals (male)
- Vocals (female)
- Horn or Violin
4. Dinner band - Your dinner band is usually a slightly smaller configuration than your reception band.
5. Cocktail hour band - Your cocktail hour band is a slightly smaller configuration than your dinner band.
6. Ceremony band - Your ceremony band is usually around the same size as your cocktail hour band.
Your band leader can sing during the ceremony or we can build an instrumental group.
All groups are chosen from your reception band musicians. Additional costs apply for musicians not already a part of your reception band.
ceremony and cocktail hour recommendations
7. Choose your repertoire
- Reception - Each bandleader knows the standard wedding fare (as defined by the DJ Intelligence Top 200), which can be supplemented by the bandleader's personal repertoire.
- Each bandleader and group (Harvest Acoustic, The New Classics, Synchronicity Strings, etc.) has their own band repertoire.
- A few requests not listed on the repertoire included at no additional cost.
- We ask people to pick a list of songs that they want to hear (as well as songs that they don't want to hear) as well as let us know the atmosphere they want to create and the demographics that make up your attendees. From there, we'll use our expertise to fill out the rest.
- We will check-in periodically to make sure that your song requests are in on time and that we have all the details that we need (toasts, special announcements, dances) to succeed!
what else does a package include?
Wireless ceremony and toast microphones included with all Musician/DJ and Build a Band complete packages.*
*Day-of audio technician included on most packages to ensure smooth transitions.
We make a point to visit locations in advance of your big day to make sure there are no surprises.
In addition to your artist, we'll make sure someone from the IHE team is help curate your musical program and help communicate it to your artist.
DANCE FLOOR LIGHTING
Included in all Musician/DJ and Build a Band Packages
IVY HILL PATRONAGE
When you support our community, we welcome you into ours.
TABLES + LINENS...
...and all the fixings. We make sure that we have everything we need to make sure your rentals aren't out of control.